Monday 3 February 2014

Exam Week(s)

The three weeks after winter break was by far the most hectic week I have ever experienced as a senior IB student at UWCSEA. Teachers prepped us with revision for the first week back, and the following two weeks was Mock IB Exams for the grade 12s. For the Grade 10s, their exams commenced straight after winter break. Therefore, as you can imagine, life at the boarding house(s) was pretty chaotic with panic attacks and last minute cram sessions. I was thoroughly stressed by the third day of exams (I am currently a grade 12 IB student), and was about ready to give up. Luckily, my houseparents and my assistant house parents were there for me every second of every panic attack. They said nothing but words of encouragement. They were there to rub my back whenever I felt like it was all too much and miraculously, was able to make me smile throughout the whole ordeal. In the past, I've always had my mother beside me through every exam sitting, and this time, I didn't, since she was all the way in Yangon, Myanmar. Although I did miss my mother, I've come to appreciate the amazing people here at UWC; from the students to the house parents, these are people who genuinely care about our well being. Next year, I will be off to University in the United States, and I wouldn't be as prepared as I am to face University without the help of my fellow boarders and house parents. Being a boarder at UWC is truly a rewarding experience and I very much recommend it for future UWC-ers out there. Cheers to the grade 10s and the grade 12s for tackling the exams head on! Good luck on your upcoming official GCSE and IB exams!

No comments:

Post a Comment